According to information, the shooting of the biographical film has not started yet. The makers also wanted to share Randeep Hooda’s appearance as Vinayak Damodar Savarkar at Veer Savarkar Jayanti to pay tribute to Savarkar.
When the film was released in March, Randeep Hooda took to social media to express his gratitude and said he felt privileged to be Veer Vinayak Damodar Savarkar. In the struggle for independence, many invisible heroes never achieved what they deserved, and Vinayak Damodar Savarkar is one of them.
Randeep Hooda shared the poster of his first appearance from the film and said that Vinayak Damodar Savarkar is one of the worthy invisible heroes in the pursuit of independence. He greeted Savarkar and added that saying that Vinayak Damodar Savarkar’s role was quite provocative and he hopes to meet him.
Mahesh Manjrekar also shared the first-look poster on his Twitter account, adding that he was proud to direct such an epic film. Manjrekar said that although people have a different version of Vinayak Damodar Savarkar in mind, Randeep Hooda’s role in Swatantra Veer Savarkar will be exactly what he was in real life and will be no different.
Vinayak Damodar Savarkar is considered a misunderstood and controversial hero, and his true story is thought to be brushed under the rug. The biopic aims to clear all of Fogg around his fame.
Vinayak Damodar Savarkar is considered a polar figure. At the same time, he is criticized for his Community ideology. The fact that he wrote petitions of leniency to the British while he was imprisoned is commendable. Savarkar’s commitment to Hindutva to the last breath is commendable and inspiring.
Cinematographer Sandeep Singh said in a statement that Vinayak Damodar Savarkar, although considered a revolutionary, is a true patriot. He is a dynamic hero but he never achieved what he deserved. It is time to appreciate him and pay tribute to him. Savarkar had a fearless persona that even the British feared. At least for now, people should start to understand him and be awarded the Bharat Ratna Prize. In the same statement, Even Sandeep Singh said that Vinayak Damodar Savarkar was the person who could have avoided the 1947 division.
Who is Vinayak Damodar Savarkar?
- Vinayak Damodar Savarkar belonged to a small village called Bhagur in the Nashik district of Maharashtra and was born on May 28, 1883.
- Vinayak Damodar Savarkar was a prominent activist, writer and politician.
- He was one of the leaders of the Hindu Mahasabha, a Hindu Nationalist Organization and political party.
- He opposed the British presence in India.
- Under Savarkar, Hindutva’s Hindu nationalist political ideology developed rapidly.
- Savarkar was arrested in connection with the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi, but was later released for lack of evidence.
- Savarkar was actively involved in the development of Hindu ideology and was arrested in 1910 and imprisoned in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- He was later transferred to Ratnagiri and given limited freedom.
- At his home in Mumbai on February 26, 1966, Vinayak Damodar Savarkar breathed his last, giving up food, water and medicine.
How did fans react to Randeep Hooda’s first look at the biopic?
Fans are eagerly awaiting the release of the film and in no time, there have been thousands of reprints of Randeep Hooda’s first appearance from the biopic, Swatantra Veer Savarkar. Fans loved Randeep Hooda as Vinayak Damodar Savarkar and called him a perfect casting. A Twitter user reported that Randeep Hooda has been completely transformed and fits perfectly into Vinayak Damodar Savarkar’s shoe. Earlier, Randeep Hooda also wrote the role of Sarabjit in his biopic and was much loved and appreciated.
Disclaimer: This content has been created by an outside company. The views expressed herein are those of the respective authors / entities and do not represent the views of the Economic Times (ET). ET does not warrant, guarantee or endorse any of its contents, nor is it responsible for them in any way. Take all necessary steps to ensure that any information and content provided is correct, up to date and verified. ET hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, relating to the report and any content thereof.
“Falls down a lot. Unapologetic alcohol guru. Travel specialist. Amateur beer trailblazer. Award-winning tv advocate. Hipster-friendly twitter aficionado”