Home Hollywood Kevin Spacey ‘pulls out of upcoming Genghis Khan movie’ amid latest sexual assault case – Entertainment News

Kevin Spacey ‘pulls out of upcoming Genghis Khan movie’ amid latest sexual assault case – Entertainment News

by Stewart Cole

Kevin Spacey has reportedly pulled out of an upcoming Genghis Khan movie amid his latest sexual assault case.

The 62-year-old actor – who faces four counts of sexual assault and one of “forcing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent” in the UK – was set to play the lead role in an epic about the warlord of the Mongol Empire.

He denied the allegations after traveling from the US to Britain to dispute the claims.

“The Usual Suspects” actor had been cast in “1242: Gateway to the West,” which tells the story of a holy man in a Hungarian castle who fights to stop the armies of Genghis Khan from sweeping Europe.

A producer on the film, Bill Chamberlain, told Variety on Thursday (14.07.22) that the Oscar winner is to be replaced, with another actor taking on the role of the holy man in the Peter Soos-directed play.

Negotiations appear to be ongoing with a new lead to be revealed later.

Spacey appeared in court in London on Thursday (14.07.22) and pleaded not guilty to five historic charges of sexual assault dating back 17 years.

He had previously strongly denied the accusations made against him by three men, now in their 30s and 40s.

Spacey, on unconditional bail, attended court to plead not guilty and was told by Mr Justice Wall that his trial would begin on June 6, 2023.

It is expected to take three to four weeks.

The alleged offenses are said to have been committed in London and Gloucestershire between 2005 and 2013, when Spacey was artistic director of London’s Old Vic theatre.

His charges include two counts of sexually assaulting a man, now in his 40s, in March 2005 in London, as well as sexually assaulting a man, now in his 30s, and forcing him to engage in penetrative sexual activity without his consent. in August 2008 in London.

There is also an allegation of sexually assaulting a man, also now in his 30s, in April 2013 in Gloucestershire.

Spacey’s attorney, Patrick Gibbs, said the actor “vehemently denies any wrongdoing in this case.”

It added that the actor had returned to the UK to “prove his innocence” and “get on with his life”.

Related Videos

Leave a Comment